We can probably all remember the days when a “proper” funeral was very strictly defined, and no one really strayed from those ideas. But Americans are rethinking the funeral experience. More and more people in West Texas and around the country are preplanning their own personalized memorials well before their passing. Not only do people want a say in how they’re remembered, but they recognize that preplanning is a tangible way to decrease stress for loved ones. They also want to plan an affordable service, and most of our neighbors know we’re the choice for beautiful tributes that work within every family’s budget.
Our team of professionals – with three generations of family ownership behind them – can walk you through your options with ease while giving you new ideas to consider. Then, we’ll keep your choices on file at no charge.
Prior to our meeting, you can start the preplanning process by accessing our easy, convenient checklist. This can be reviewed in the privacy of your own home at your leisure. It includes information such as vital statistics to gather, people to notify upon death, and what important documents to locate.
The checklist will also get you thinking about other funeral preferences to consider, such as:
- Do you prefer a clergy member preform the service or a celebrant?
- Who would you like to be your pallbearers?
- At Nalley-Pickle & Welch, we can help you create a unique tribute that tells your story your way. We realize talking about your own funeral may seem awkward or uncomfortable. But our team of professionals – with three generations of family?
- Do you have preferred music, Bible verses, or poetry you want incorporated into your tribute?
- What would you like to be buried in? (Think clothing and jewelry)
- Any special instructions for us – with our experienced team, the sky is nearly the limit when it comes to personalizing your service!
In fact, we believe personalization is the real key to sharing your legacy and providing a healing experience for your loved ones. You can highlight your passions, interests, faith, and more by having a display of treasured possessions, playing your favorite music, or sharing your favorite meal at a reception at either the Welch Reception Center or The Branch at NPW.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed or simply prefer a simple farewell, our packaged services may be your best option. Either way, know we’ll handle everything from start to finish.