It’s coming soon . . . The most wonderful time of the year! Part of what makes this season so special in Midland, Stanton, and Big Spring is the chance to spend time with family and friends – and here at Nalley-Pickle & Welch, we believe wholeheartedly in taking advantage of every opportunity to celebrate.
As the holidays approach, you may be gearing up to host your annual party! Or maybe you’ve been thinking about having a party for years but haven’t followed through because you don’t have enough space in your home or time to do all the planning and execution. Remember this: Party planning doesn’t have to be a monumental undertaking, and you don’t have to do it all yourself! With two premier West Texas event venues – The Branch Reception Center in Midland and the Welch Reception Center in Big Spring – our experienced team has helped hundreds of families plan a number of different kinds of receptions, parties, and gatherings. We’re happy to offer these practical tips as you begin to put your holiday party plans into place:
1. Have a detailed game plan. Coaches have a game plan – and so should party hosts! Jot down your ideas for the entire event and your desired timeline. No matter what’s going on behind the scenes on the big day, you’ll want to enjoy yourself alongside your guests – and being super organized is key.
2. Choose the right venue. Don’t settle for a cookie-cutter location. Consider our beautiful and dignified private event centers: each one is completely separate from the funeral homes. In Midland, The Branch at NPW is a new, generously appointed facility complete with a catering kitchen. In Big Spring, we took the Welch family’s original home and restored it to an elegant, private setting. It’s complete with a kitchen and plenty of room for friends to spread out. Both venues are perfect for parties large or small.
3. Tailor a menu all guests can enjoy.
Food is an important part (some would say THE most important part) of any gathering, and it’s important to choose your menu wisely. We all know what “comfort food” is here in West Texas – and especially here at Nalley-Pickle & Welch. At either of our reception locations, The Branch Reception Center in Midland or the Welch Reception Center in Big Spring, we can serve everything from light refreshments to a full dinner buffet. It’s up to you. Ask about our signature “Sweet Tooth” buffet – a perfect fit for the holidays! No matter what you want served, we will work with you to make it happen.
4. Decorate with ordinary, yet festive, objects. You can keep holiday decorating simple yet sophisticated with fresh flowers, garlands, and greenery. Or consider using cranberries, which are abundant at holiday time. Pour them into clear vases, string them with popcorn, or combine candles, sugared cranberries, and bits of evergreen on a red platter. When you book our venue, our team can help you with this set-up as well!
5. Enlist help. You do not have to do everything yourself. Want to hand out party favors? Ask your crafty friend to help you get them ready. Have a family member with a decorator’s touch? Ask for suggestions and assistance. And don’t forget – if you use either of our private event centers, we’ll make all the arrangements for you. From set-up to catering and refreshments to cleanup, we really do think of everything – so you don’t have to.
Family is at the heart of everything we do here at Nalley-Pickle & Welch, and we are here to help you extend hospitality to the ones who matter most in your life. As the holiday season gets underway, keep us in mind for your party planning needs. If you have questions, would like to see our facilities in person, or want more information about having us host your upcoming event, reach out to us by contacting Kasi Welch Baker at [email protected]. After all, it’s our privilege to help you celebrate what matters most in life: the people you love the most.