You might be surprised how many strong opinions you have about your own funeral, memorial service, and final resting place. Our Nalley-Pickle & Welch Funeral Home & Crematory staff has found this to be true for most Midland, Big Spring, and Stanton families we’ve talked to over the years. While many people haven’t spent much time thinking through their end-of-life details, they have preferences when asked – and that’s what our team is here to help with.
Think of it: Do you have an opinion about cremation or traditional burial? Would you rather have a quiet, intimate gathering of family and friends or a more lavish send-off with a reception that feels like a big party in your honor? What about any ideas of a final resting place you would like future generations of your family to visit?
Whatever your preferences, it’s important to get them in writing. Here are our top 10 reasons to make that happen:
- You can take your time thinking through your options. Most funerals are put together in about a week, but when you preplan, you have the luxury of considering each element. This includes the details that might get overlooked if someone else plans your funeral.
- You can add personal details, like music, Scripture or poetry readings, and favorite foods to include at a reception. You can ask the “right” questions to the funeral director so you know your tribute will be carried out the way you want
- You can ease your family’s stress. Many families we talk with in Midland, Big Spring, and Stanton are caught off guard by the emotions they experience after a loved one’s death. Think of how much easier it will be on your family if the funeral plans are already in place.
- Preplanning decreases family conflict. Imagine your family trying to figure out what you would have wanted at your funeral. They probably would not agree on every detail, which can lead to conflict as each person thinks they know best. When these decisions are already made, you can eliminate the need for your family to debate, discuss, and guess what you would have wanted.
- Your family won’t overspend. It’s common knowledge that it’s easy to throw caution to the wind and spend more during times of duress. This won’t be an issue if your decisions are already set in motion.
- You can rest easy knowing your family will be in good hands. The dynamic between a family and a funeral director is an important one. When you meet with us, you’ll have added confidence knowing we will take care of your family when the time comes.
- Your information will be easily accessible. Some people leave end-of-life directions in their will or a safe deposit box, but often these are not opened or read until after a funeral. Preplanning ensures your wishes are known at the time when they are most needed.
- You’ll save money. Have your funeral home services and merchandise guaranteed with a prefunded funeral contract. This written contract guarantees there will be no hidden or additional costs for the funeral arrangements you choose.
- Preplanning is free! We will keep a detailed list of all your wishes on file at no cost.
- You will have peace of mind knowing your wishes will be honored.
In all our years helping West Texas families preplan, one thing has remained the same: No one ever regrets putting their arrangements in place. Whether you choose to preplan using our online form, over the phone or video chat, or in person, we encourage you to reach out today to get started.