At Nalley-Pickle & Welch, it’s our privilege to serve the people of Big Spring, Stanton and Midland from all faiths, cultural backgrounds, and walks of life. It does not matter what your needs or budget are, because we are going to help you craft a service that is memorable and personal. They say the best things in life are free, and that’s true in funeral service as well. It’s the level of personalization and thought you put into your loved one’s farewell that is really going to make all the difference.
Once you’ve determined your budget, stick to it! We’ll help you. Here are some ideas for personalizing a funeral service that doesn’t cost a thing:
- Write a poem to be read during the service.
- Ask a friend to play special music – maybe even an original composition if you’re musically inclined.
- Choose a dress code and ask your guests to participate – some ideas include wearing your loved one’s favorite color or the jersey for their favorite sports team.
- Play your loved one’s favorite music, whether that was Handel or Elvis Presley.
- Carry a theme throughout the visitation and service that reflects your friend or family member’s life and interests. Maybe feature fishing paraphernalia or surround the space with cooking utensils and recipes.
- Design a memory table showcasing specific items that represent your loved one’s life, hobbies, and passions.
- We also offer video tributes as an affordable add-on to personalize your loved one’s service. We will edit photos together and set the montage to music, and we can make as many copies of the video as you’d like.